Intelligent Analysis and Visualization of Mainframe Programs
Topaz for Program Analysis is part of the Compuware Topaz suite of mainframe development and testing tools. It helps developers understand unfamiliar or complex mainframe applications through a visual representation of both the code structure and logic as well as the actual I/O and program trail during execution.
Topaz for Program Analysis includes Runtime Visualizer, a feature that provides unprecedented graphical visibility into often-complex interactions between mainframe programs. This visibility makes it easy for veteran and novice developers alike to quickly understand, update and troubleshoot even the oldest and most complex mainframe code.
With Topaz for Program Analysis, developers can:
- See dynamic, graphical mapping of program-to-program calls
- Pinpoint performance bottlenecks, inefficiencies and inter-program impacts
- Analyze and understand deeper program details
- See a “snapshot” of a program’s real behavior in production under present conditions
- Group together source code for programs into Java-like “projects”
- Discover and investigate dependencies across programs and copybooks, without moving code off the mainframe
- See an instant static visual summary of a single program
- Support both COBOL and PL/1 applications