Expertise, Methodology and Tools for SCM Migration Success
Migrating away from an outdated mainframe SCM system can seem daunting. Enterprises have massive amounts of code in their SCM systems—and typically have numerous active development projects in the works that cannot be disrupted. Enterprises also lack both in-house expertise in SCM migration and headcount to spare for large migration projects. As a result, the prospect of taking on such a project can seem too risky, difficult and time consuming.
Recognizing this central obstacle to customers’ mainframe modernization efforts—Compuware offers a skilled team of experts in SCM migration with a proven methodology, state of-the-art migration tools and a long history of migration success.
The ISPW SCM Migration Service is designed to quickly and economically take you through all the steps of your migration—from project planning, data migration and integration to testing and knowledge transfer. Our methodology and infrastructure provides a single, lighter, more robust and agile SCM environment.
A Proven Migration Practice
The ISPW SCM Migration Service is a customized solution for organizations migrating from CA Endevor, CA Panvalet, CA Librarian, Micro Focus/Serena ChangeMan as well as homegrown systems to the latest release of ISPW SCM. The offering ensures the highest quality expertise at every step of the migration’s project lifecycle and maintains any historical changes that were made in your outdated system.
The methodology also provides continuous communication with customers about migration progress and issues, so that all work can be appropriately coordinated with active development and test activities. And, our experienced team can provide advice on best practices if you wish to reorganize your repository for easier management and use.
This proven SCM migration practice:
- Accurately discovers and documents codebase characteristics including histories and inter-application dependencies, so they can be fully preserved in the new environment
- Manages migration in targeted, rightsized stages to accelerate time-to-benefit and limit exposure to risk
- Rigorously tests code artifacts in the customer’s new SCM environment and brings them to a near-live state in parallel to the old environment to ensure zero disruption of development work
- Improves code structure and reduces code complexity due to reorganizing the code base during the migration
End-to-end Migration Offering
Our solution involves an end-to-end methodology addressing all critical dimensions of the migration project:
- Project planning
- Architecture and configuration
- Product validation
- Implementation of a pilot application
- Audit of the pilot to ensure data integrity
- Knowledge transfer
- Application developers training