A recent study by Consulting Forrester commissioned by Compuware shows that organizations are continuing to rely heavily on mainframe applications to run their business, but they’re only replacing about 1/3 of the experienced staff members they’ve lost to retirement. Given the market imperative to deliver innovative solutions, faster, IT teams need empirical insight into their DevOps processes and developers’ behaviors.
Compuware zAdviser, an evolution of the Compuware Value Improvement Program, provides that insight. Free for maintenance-current customers, zAdviser uses defined KPIs and employs machine learning to help organizations measure and improve quality, velocity and efficiency over time.
In this webcast, Compuware Senior Product Manager Spencer Hallman, Director Jim Seronka and Data Scientist Ratnesh Sharma will show you how zAdviser:
- Uses machine learning to identify positive and negative correlations between KPIs and developer behaviors
- Provides teams with analytic insight to continuously improve quality, velocity and efficiency
- Enables self-serve access to Compuware tool usage data, dashboards and reporting
- Makes recommendations for how to improve tool usage along with short tutorials on how to more effectively use product features and capabilities
Compuware Solution Consultant Yvette Santana and Account Consultant Rob Gerner highlight how the Compuware Topaz suite of mainframe development and testing tools enable agility for significant improvements in productivity. Learn how your mainframe team can use:
- Topaz for Program Analysis for deeper code visibility and program understanding
- Runtime Visualizer in Topaz to evaluate application execution
- Topaz for Total Test to automate the creation and execution of unit tests
- Xpediter Code Coverage to determine if code was executed
Compuware Solution Consultant Greg Lackey and Account Consultant Richard Tardif highlight the integration between Compuware ISPW, Compuware Topaz Workbench and Jenkins, enabling automated deployments through DevOps Continuous Integration. Learn about the modern Agile/DevOps features of ISPW as well as how developers can use its integration with Jenkins to:
- Automate the promotion of code into a staging area within ISPW for testing.
- Create, promote, regress, deploy and check the status of code releases through APIs.
- Drive Continuous Integration processes with webhooks.
- Access Compuware Topaz for Total Test assets for automated unit testing.
- Use test metrics in SonarSource Quality Gates and automatically regress failed code into ISPW to be fixed.
- Q&A from live event
Compuware Sr. Solution Engineer Yvette Santana and Account Consultant Andy Hocker highlight useful features in Topaz Workbench, Compuware’s Eclipse-based IDE, that help you mainstream the mainframe.
- Using Host Explorer to allocate datasets, copy LPAR-to-LPAR and more
- Using visible and right-click context menus
- Rearranging and resetting perspectives
- Using JES Explorer to filter and list job outputs
- Migrating, creating and working on projects
- Accessing Compuware DevOps tools through Topaz Workbench
Compuware Field Technical Solutions Consultant Robin Fuller and Product Manager Kevin Corbett highlight the top 10 coolest features of File-AID’s Eclipse interface:
- Browse/Edit VSAM files and DB2 tables simultaneously
- Column filter/sort and freeze/unfreeze
- Select fields for display
- Save and easily reuse File-AID/Eclipse requests
- Easy Hex editing of data
- Graphical file compare results
- Search for data patterns across multiple files
- Allocate new datasets
- Host-to-host dataset copy
- Q&A from live event
Account Consultant Bill Clayton, Solution Consultant Greg Lackey and Product Manager Irene Ford share tips and tricks for using the Compuware Test Data Privacy solution to create and secure realistic high quality test data.
- Simple data obfuscation
- Test data cleansing, masking and validation
- What differentiates Compuware from our competitors
- Dynamic obfuscation
- Modernized GUI with role based security and centralized controls
- Consistent test data privacy for mainframe and distributed applications
Product Manager John Crossno and Account Consultant Mike Bassett highlight tips and tricks for using Compuware Application Audit to help your Information Security auditors detect and report on potential insider threats and maintain regulatory compliance.
Learn how Application Audit can:
- Detect and report on potential insider threats
- Deepen analysis of mainframe intelligence
- Maintain compliance with regulations
- Independently determine which users and applications to monitor for malicious behavior