A recent study by Consulting Forrester commissioned by Compuware shows that organizations are continuing to rely heavily on mainframe applications to run their business, but they’re only replacing about 1/3 of the experienced staff members they’ve lost to retirement. Given the market imperative to deliver innovative solutions, faster, IT teams need empirical insight into their DevOps processes and developers’ behaviors.
Compuware zAdviser, an evolution of the Compuware Value Improvement Program, provides that insight. Free for maintenance-current customers, zAdviser uses defined KPIs and employs machine learning to help organizations measure and improve quality, velocity and efficiency over time.
In this webcast, Compuware Senior Product Manager Spencer Hallman, Director Jim Seronka and Data Scientist Ratnesh Sharma will show you how zAdviser:
- Uses machine learning to identify positive and negative correlations between KPIs and developer behaviors
- Provides teams with analytic insight to continuously improve quality, velocity and efficiency
- Enables self-serve access to Compuware tool usage data, dashboards and reporting
- Makes recommendations for how to improve tool usage along with short tutorials on how to more effectively use product features and capabilities
Compuware Solution Consultant Dennis Nack and Account Consultant Brad Kaehler highlight highly useful but often untapped features of iStrobe—the browser-based reporting and analytics interface for Strobe, Compuware’s application performance management and analysis solution.
Discover the “hidden” gems in iStrobe that enable you to:
- Identify performance improvement opportunities, estimate costs of poor performance and estimate potential cost savings.
- Track issues and assign them to development teams for resolution through the integration with Atlassian Jira.
- View and compare reports from two profiles in a folder.
- Obtain SQL Explain and Catalog statistics on demand.
- Create folders for storing and organizing profiles.
- Create and manage customized help for iStrobe.
- Specify the columns that will display in myStrobe.
- Add personal comments to a Performance Profile.
- Add comments for display in myStrobe.
- Filter the profiles that appear in the myStrobe window.
Compuware Account Consultant Jim Young and Solution Consultant Mike Wingfield highlight and demo key aspects of Compuware Strobe’s integrations with other application performance management solutions to help reduce R4HA, MLC, long-running, high CPU batch and high CPU usage in online workloads and DDF.
Learn more about how Strobe integrates with:
- Compuware Topaz Workbench for full-function, browser-based iStrobe access
- Compuware ThruPut Manager for batch system performance management
- BMC CAzE to launch iStrobe during R4HA drill-down for deeper analysis
- BMC MainView and Cisco AppDynamics for mainframe performance monitoring
- ConicIT for mainframe behavioral analytics
Compuware Sr. Solution Engineer Ed Gannaway and Account Consultant Ward Matthews share tips and tricks for using Compuware Xpediter within Topaz Workbench.
- Setup an Xpediter test session in Topaz
- Execute several “right-click” Xpediter commands in Topaz
- Leverage Topaz to remember breakpoints and watch variables
- Use Xpediter’s record and playback capabilities to resolve abends and shorten test cycles
- Perform program analysis tasks with Xpediter and Topaz, including: Runtime Visualizer; navigating code with outline view; logic flow and data flow
- Take advantage of Abend-AID diagnosis information with one click
- Use Xpediter Code Coverage to confirm all new or modified code has been tested
Client Manager Terry Capriotti and Field Technical Solution Consultant Dave Kartzman discuss the extensive capbilities of Abend-AID. In this webinar you will learn about:
- Web-based report access
- Real-time reporting (nearly 100 different reports available)
- Ability to report on non-abend faults
- Filter events, generate emails, etc. through rules
- Immediate email fault notifications
- Schedule reports to be delivered
- Access actual Abend-AID reports
Compuware Field Technical Solutions Consultant Ed Gannaway and Western Region Account Consultant Scott Smith discuss the evolution of Compuware’s Source Support. In this webinar you will hear why it’s important and how to implement Compuware Source Support best practices and achieve:
- Access to source code to resolve abends, debug, analyze performance
- Reduced or eliminated DDIO maintenance
- Improved ability to debug applications