Virtualize IMS Systems and Reduce Subsystem Creation Costs
Creating and maintaining multiple IMS development and test systems can be a slow, expensive and technically-daunting task. Compuware COPE virtualizes IMS systems, enabling new development images of IMS to be available practically on demand, significantly reducing the delays and costs associated with creating completely new IMS subsystems for critical initiatives.
Using COPE, IMS application developers can:
- Rapidly deploy multiple virtual IMS databases to multiple active projects, where each system can either share or have unique databases, DB2 table programs and MFS formats
- Avoid creating costly new IMS instances, modifying underlying master databases or relying on experts
- Maintain their testing methodology or compile procedures and access additional isolated testing environments without significant costs
The Value of COPE
- Reduces the expertise and time needed to maintain separate IMS systems and related components for every development and testing stage of every application
- Increases digital business agility by allowing customers to create multiple versions of the same database for parallel application execution
- Allows customers to use existing maintenance processes and JCL procedures using an external COPE interface.
- Supports the IMS Dynamic Resource Definition (DRD) feature of IMS